Every person who aspires to do something amazing in life needs the inspiration to do so. Without inspiration, you are likely to falter and give up on your dreams. It’s true that inspirational thoughts should come from within ourselves, but we all feel low sometimes. And in those times you need to seek motivation from books, videos, and positive people.
We all have been in situations where we felt no inspiration to start a new business or apply for that job we always wanted. In these tough times, it’s best to seek a new perspective and information from other people who have been in the same situation that you are in and succeeded regardless.
Here are the 30 inspirational thoughts to unlock your potential and remove mental blocks to success.
1. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.“
– Maya Angelou
3. “Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.”
– Bil Keane
4. “Remember, success is a journey, not a destination. Have faith in your ability. You will do just fine.”
– Bruce Lee
5. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”
– Colin Powell
6. “The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.”
– Helen Keller
7. “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
– Jon Kabat-Zinn
8. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”
– Abraham Lincoln
9. “You alone are the judge of your worth and your goal is to discover infinite worth in yourself, no matter what anyone else thinks.”
– Deepak Chopra
10. “Leave everyone you meet better than you found them. Become an encourager of potential versus a destroyer of confidence.”
– Robin Sharma
11. “Motivation is the fuel, necessary to keep the human engine running.”
– Zig Ziglar
12. “Great opportunities are not seen with your eyes. They are seen with your mind.”
– Robert Kiyosaki
13. “The more time you spend in your discomfort zone, the more your comfort zone will expand.”
– Robin Sharma
14. “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t you will see obstacles.”
– Wayne Dyer
15. “You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
16. “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.”
– Albert Einstein
17. “Almost every successful person begins with two beliefs: the future can be better than the present, and I have the power to make it so.”
– David Brooks
18. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.”
– Marcus Aurelius
19. “Sometimes you will never know the value of something until it becomes a memory.”
– Dr. Seuss
20. “Great minds have purposes; others have wishes.”
– Washington Irving
21. “We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.”
– Jesse Owens
22. “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.”
– Jim Rohn
23. “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.”
– Tim Ferriss
24. “Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.”
– George Carlin
25. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
– George Bernard Shaw
26. “What God intended for you goes far beyond anything you can imagine.”
– Oprah Winfrey
27. “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.”
– Thomas Jefferson
28. “Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own.”
– Bruce Lee
29. “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are”
– Kurt Cobain
30. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
– Winston Churchill
Reading positive quotes every morning is a great way to fill up your mind with inspirational thoughts. They are easy to understand, quick to read and you don’t need any specific reason to read them. However, it is also important to take action and execute your ideas once you are inspired. Just having inspirational thoughts in your mind is not enough to achieve success in life.
The Best Stephen Covey Quotes to Inspire You
Stephen Covey is the author of the best selling book “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.” Like his books that have inspired many people, his quotes continue to inspire many more. I have noticed myself going back to his quotes again and again.
The wisdom he imparted continues to help and will continue to do so in the future. Here are some of his quotes that I am sure will inspire you to take charge of your life.
Life and Habits
Our life is the byproduct of the habits we inculcate. This is why people stress on creating good habits and getting rid of your bad habits. Identifying the habits that are causing harm to you is the first step in getting rid of them.
“Our ultimate freedom is the right and power anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us.”
“Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.” -Stephen Covey
“Every human has four endowments – self-awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom. The power to choose, to respond, to change.” -Stephen Covey
“Our character is basically a composite of our habits because they are consistent. Often unconscious patterns, they constantly, daily, express our character.” -Stephen Covey
“Courage is not the absence of fear but the awareness that something else is more important.” -Stephen Covey
“Habit is the intersection of knowledge (what to do), skill (how to do), and desire (want to do).” -Stephen Covey
Our goals are what give our lives purpose. We spend a good part of our lives trying to achieve goals. Goals are as important for survival as our basic necessities are. We might not realize it but our goals are what keeps driving us forward in our lives.
Having goals isn’t enough, you need to find ways to achieve them and doing so needs a lot more than the decision to have them. They are like children – everyone can have them but nurturing them is what makes it all worthwhile.
“To achieve goals you’ve never achieved before you need to start doing things you’ve never done before.”
“If we keep doing what we’re doing, we’re going to keep getting what we’re getting.” -Stephen Covey
“Make time for planning; Wars are won in the general’s tent.” -Stephen Covey
“Stop setting goals. Goals are pure fantasy unless you have a specific plan to achieve them.” -Stephen Covey
We often have a lot of things that we would like to do – some short term and some part of our long term goals. There are only so many hours in the day. Knowing how to dedicate those hours to goals that actually matter is very important to achieve success.
Everyone has the same hours given to them in a day and how we spend those hours defines what we are going to achieve. You see many people working non-stop yet some of them succeed while others don’t.
“Once you have a clear picture of your priorities that is values, goals, and high leverage activities, organize your life around them.”
“Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.” -Stephen Covey
“The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule but to schedule your priorities.” -Stephen Covey
“You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage – pleasantly, smiling, nonapoloegetically – to say ‘no’ to other things. And the way to do that is by having a bigger ‘yes’ burning inside.” -Stephen Covey
Living life on integrity is important to lead a life with no regrets. It is the practice of being honest, being honest leaves no chance for guilt to seep in. Having strong moral and ethical principles and values and showing a consistent and uncompromising adherence to them is what makes the society – we live in – what it is!
“To the degree people recognize and live in harmony with such basic principles as fairness, equity, justice, integrity, honesty, and trust, they move toward either survival and stability on the one hand or disintegration and destruction on the other.”
“When you make a commitment to yourself, do so with the clear understanding that you’re pledging your integrity.” -Stephen Covey
“Moral authority comes from following universal and timeless principles like honesty, integrity, treating people with respect.” -Stephen Covey
“We judge ourselves by our intentions. And others by their actions.” -Stephen Covey
“Your commitment to achieving what matters most will become the foundation for tremendous accomplishments and contributions. You will become the change you seek to make.” -Stephen Covey
Though there are many qualities that contribute to a person’s success, one thing that stands out is that successful people are always hungry for new and deeper knowledge. And to this end, they will always make time to learn, whether it is a new skill, discovery, ideology, or anything that satiates their never-ending curiosity.
“Listen with the intent to understand, not the intent to reply.”
“The proactive approach to a mistake is to acknowledge it instantly, correct and learn from it.” -Stephen Covey
“We develop our character muscles by overcoming challenges and obstacles.” -Stephen Covey
“Don’t argue for other people’s weaknesses. Don’t argue for your own. When you make a mistake, admit it, correct it, and learn from it- immediately.” -Stephen Covey
“Unless you’re continually improving your skills, you’re quickly becoming irrelevant.” -Stephen Covey
Synergy and Relationships
How we deal with people – in personal as well as profession capacity – sets the tone for our relationships with them. Not caring about other people isn’t exactly the way to lead a well-rounded life. Personal life is as important as professional life. In our hunger for success, we often seem to forget that.
“Synergy is not only the answer to human conflict; it is also the principle that underlies the creation of every truly new thing in the world.”
“In relationships, the little things are the big things” -Stephen Covey
“Synergy is what happens when one plus one equals ten or a hundred or even a thousand! It’s the mighty result when two or more respectful human beings determine together to go beyond their preconceived ideas to meet a great challenge.” -Stephen Covey
“If you put good people in bad systems you get bad results. You have to water the flowers you want to grow.” -Stephen Covey
“Synergy is the very essence of the family. Every family member contributes a different flavor to the mix.” -Stephen Covey
“You and I together are far greater than we are alone.” -Stephen Covey
Our attitude toward different aspects of our lives is a clear representation of what holds the most importance to us. Our way of thinking dictates how we go about something. Having a good attitude is half the battle won as far as going far in something is considered.
“What you do has far greater impact than what you say.”
“We GET results based on what we DO, and what we DO depends on how we SEE the world around us.” -Stephen Covey
“A disciplined person follows values stemming from their source — the self.” -Stephen Covey
“Seek to understand before you seek to be understood.” -Stephen Covey
“To think we’re in control is an illusion. It puts us in the position of trying to manage consequences.” -Stephen Covey
When stuck in life, going back to quotes that have earlier stuck a cord with you is a good idea. I hope Stephen Covey’s words move you as much as they did me.
21 Quotes About Chasing Perfection and Striving for It
Perfection is what makes us want to keep working on something. Perfection is what we want to achieve and what we have taught to aim for all our lives. If you don’t realize that perfection is nothing but another societal norm we have been working to achieve that isn’t realistic, then you will be chasing a dream nonstop with no end to it whatsoever and might not reach where you could have otherwise. It is like rolling off the hill, you will only keep tumbling downwards until you hit rock bottom.
That is why you need to let go of the perfection ideology. When you do that you will free yourself from your own expectations that are tying you down. You start feeling content with your life and you feel good about the pace you are going.
Being content with what you have frees you from feeling pity and sympathy for yourself, giving you a boost to go ahead with all your focus, and filling you with optimism. You learn to use your resources to the fullest and make the most of your circumstances without worrying about everything being perfect.
When you stop chasing perfection, you give yourself a chance to feel happy about yourself, your work, and your efforts – not acknowledging your own achievements can make you spiral down into negativity. Gratitude is a feeling that helps you stay humble and makes you appreciative of what you have achieved and what you are working for. When you are humble, you are pleasant to work around and you don’t let your pride or ego ruin your hard work – this, in turn, makes people want to help you with your goals.
When there are others who understand your goals and support you and help you learn different things, you get an opportunity to learn more about it. This, in turn, gives you a chance to better whatever skill you are taking help on and ironically brings you closer to perfection than chasing it ever could.
Here are some quotes that will help you see perfection in a completely different light.
1. “When you aim for perfection, you discover it’s a moving target.”
2. “Perfectionism is not a quest for the best. It is a pursuit of the worst in ourselves, the part that tells us that nothing we do will ever be good enough? that we should try again.”
3. “Everything that looks too perfect is too perfect to be perfect.”
4. “A pursuit for perfection is the most leading cause of procrastination in artists.”
5. “Perfection is a trifle dull. It is not the least of life’s ironies that this, which we all aim at, is better not quite achieved.”
-W. Somerset Maugham
6. “In trying to be perfect,
He perfected the art of anonymity,
And arrived nowhere from nowhere.”
7. “Perfection is overrated, boring. It’s the imperfections-the vulnerabilities, the weaknesses, the human elements that make us who we are, that make us real, beautiful…necessary.”
8. “Perfection’ is man’s ultimate illusion. It simply doesn’t exist in the universe… If you are a perfectionist, you are guaranteed to be a loser in whatever you do.”
-David D. Burns
9. “We adore perfection because we can’t have it; it would disgust us if we had it. Perfect is inhuman because human is imperfect.”
10. “Perfect should never be a goal. Perfect just happens if you let it.”
11. “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.”
12. “Perfection doesn’t exist in anyone. Striving for perfection in any part of our lives is a recipe for failure since it can never be attained.”
-Dr. John Grohol
13. “The perfecting of one’s self is the fundamental base of all progress and all moral development.”
14. “Perfection of character is this: to live each day as if it were your last, without frenzy, without apathy, without pretence.”
15. “Too late, I found you can’t wait to become perfect, you got to go out and fall down and get up with everybody else.”
16. “Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism. Confronting your fears and allowing yourself the right to be human can, paradoxically, make you a far happier and more productive person.”
-David M. Burns
17. “Happiness consists in always aspiring perfection, the pause in any level in perfection is the pause of happiness”
18. “Perfection is not just about control. It’s also about letting go. Surprise yourself so you can surprise the audience.”
19. “Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time.”
20. “It is only imperfection that complains of what is imperfect. The more perfect we are the more gentle and quiet we become towards the defects of others.”
do you define a word without concrete meaning? To each his own, the saying goes, so
push to attain an ideal state of being that no two random people will agree is
you want to be? Faultless. Finished. Incomparable. People can never be these, and anyway,
did creating a flawless facade become a more vital goal than learning to love the person
lives inside your skin? The outside belongs to others. Only you should decide for you –
-Ellen Hopkins, Perfect
Striving for perfection will take you places you didn’t know you could go. It will push you to achieve your goals. It will push you to better your skills and aim for your goals with what you have. Chasing perfection, on the other hand, will make you obsessed with the notion of perfection, making it difficult for you to focus on anything else. Strive for perfection, but don’t chase it. Do the best you can and focus on learning and growing.
21 Quotes About Fighting For Your Dreams to Motivate You
Our dreams are something that keeps a lot of us going. We either work toward achieving them or plan on doing just the very thing. But, sometimes it becomes difficult to carry on chasing our dreams. On days like that, we need motivation and inspiration from whatever source available.
It doesn’t matter if our dreams are big or small, there is no scale to compare how important one dream can be in relation to others. Every dream has its own significance to the person who holds it tight in their hearts.
With various responsibilities weighing us down, we often forget to work on our dreams. Loans, debts, careers take precedence over happiness. These things take the happiness out of our existence, it is important to chase our dreams and work on our passions so that we keep living instead of just existing.
When things become too much to deal with, throwing in the towel is often tempting but in the long haul, you won’t be able to forgive yourself for not holding on. As long as you are willing to keep getting back up, it doesn’t matter how many times you fall. The important thing is to keep trying.
Here are 21 quotes to motivate you, inspire you, and push you to keep working toward your dream and keep fighting to make them become a reality.
1. “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
2. “Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination.” -Mae Jemison
3. “The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.” -Albert Ellis
4. “Living in your comfort zone can even be more stressful than pursuing your dream. So why are you accustomed to your stagnant life?” -Oscar Bimpong
5. “Like success, failure is many things to many people. With a positive mental attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, and a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order to prepare to try again.” -W. Clement Stone
6. “The only thing worse than starting something and failing … is not starting something.”
7. “Never give up hope. All things are working for your good. One day, you’ll look back on everything you’ve been through and thank God for it.” -Germany Kent
8. “Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering ‘I will try again tomorrow” -Mary Anne Radmacher
9. “One day you feel this feeling: it emanates from your soul. It is the feeling of struggle. It is the feeling of courage. It is the feeling of self-belief! It is the feeling of chasing your dreams. It is the feeling of trying harder. It is the feeling of never ever giving up! This feeling emanates from the fire burning within your soul! Never ever give up this feeling!” -Avijeet Das
10. “You can only achieve GREATNESS when you pursue the things others are not willing to SACRIFICE for.” -Oscar Bimpong
11. “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.”
12. “If one advances confidently in the direction of one’s dreams, and endeavors to live the life which one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” -Henry David Thoreau
13. “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” -Epicurus
14. “The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but significance – and then even the small steps and little victories along your path will take on greater meaning.” -Oprah Winfrey
15. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” -Mark Twain
16. “Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.”
17. “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” -Lao Tzu
18. “Nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost legendary. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Perseverance and determination alone are omnipotent.” -Calvin Coolidge
19. “I have had dreams, and I’ve had nightmares. I overcame the nightmares because of my dreams.” -Jonas Salk
20. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” -Paulo Coelho
21. “It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth – and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up – that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.” -Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
You are the one who decides what course your life is going to take. Take charge, don’t give up, and keep going. You never know which corner leads you closer to your dreams. Don’t fear taking risks, keep trying new things. If you don’t work for your own dreams, no one else will. Nobody owes you a thing, except yourself. Do yourself proud by never giving up and achieving what your heart desires.
Remember, at the end of the day, you live with yourself. The disappointment of not giving your all will claw you in the times when you are alone. Happiness comes from being true to your beliefs, keep believing in yourself and everything will fall into place.
5 Steps to Developing Good Financial Health
The Basics of Making Your Money Work for You
5 Things to Do to Prepare for the Next Phase in Your Life
How to Use User-Generated Content
Tools to Find and Work With Influencers to Market Your Business
Entrepreneurs11 months ago
1Password Review – The Best Password Manager Out There
Motivation11 months ago
5 Excellent Ways to Stay Focused on Your Dreams
Quotes12 months ago
27 of the Most Powerful Quotes of All Time
Goals7 months ago
The Ultimate Guide to Goal Setting
Mindfulness11 months ago
Why I Took a Break From Facebook
Productivity1 year ago
7 Ways To Increase Productivity At Work
Productivity12 months ago
Things 3 Review – A To-Do App That Works
Mindfulness12 months ago
5 Tips to Achieve a Positive Mindset