Considering we have been communicating since we were born, by crying and yelling, in the beginning, to get our message across, to slowly learning the words to do the same, you would think, we would have mastered it by the time we reach adulthood. How right yet how wrong that logic is?
When you think about it, communication is one of the first skills we learn. We have been talking and conveying our thoughts for our whole lives, yet, it becomes harder to effectively communicate as we grow up. There’s just something about communications that’s harder than it should be for us.
Of all the skills we develop as leaders and professionals, communicating is one that many people fail in. We frequently miscommunicate, bypass the point, cause an unintended reaction, or avoid a messy discussion altogether. As a result, not communicating holds us back.
“You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can’t get them across, your ideas won’t get you anywhere.”
How many times has it happened that you have had a great idea, an obvious solution, known the answer to the question that’s worrying everyone, but haven’t voiced your thoughts? When you have difficulty putting your thoughts across, you choose not to speak at all. While that saves you from discomfort in that particular moment, it only harms you in the long run.
You might never stand out from your colleagues, even though you have better ideas. You might never be taken seriously because you don’t speak when it is needed. You might miss opportunities because you were too afraid to put in your two cents. Remember, if you don’t ask, the answer is always going to be no.
“Communication is the solvent of all problems and is the foundation for personal development.”
Following up on the previous quote, when you speak out, you get feedback. When you get feedback, you understand whether your idea is brilliant in reality or just your head. You learn how to implement it or learn where it falls short.
While not speaking out means your ideas will never fail, it also means that you will never learn and you will never grow. Hence, it will stump your personal development.
Apart from that, it is really a solution for most problems – personal as well as professional. Many times the things that are bothering you can be easily solved with communication. Putting up boundaries, being open to discussion, raising objections, apologizing, a lot rides on words and how you put them.
“Don’t use words too big for the subject. Don’t say infinitely when you mean very; otherwise, you’ll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite.”
You communicate to be heard, to be understood; so if you use words that aren’t that common while speaking, then you are going to be getting nowhere. Try to keep your dialect as simple as you can when conveying something. Try to think of the least qualified person in the room, if even they can comprehend what you are saying then you are doing great.
This also applies to exaggeration when we are trying to sell an idea that isn’t great. We might succeed in selling it now, but no one is going to believe it when you actually do have a great idea.
“The two words ‘information’ and ‘communication’ are often used interchangeably, but they signify quite different things. Information is giving out; communication is getting through.”
-Sydney J. Harris
This goes hand in hand with not using big words when putting your thoughts across. If it is a meeting with people from different departments, then chances are that not everyone is going to be familiar with the jargon of your sector.
While using jargon and technical mumbo-jumbo will help make you sound intelligent, it won’t help you put your point across. Try to communicate your information by finding a balance between speaking in layman’s terms and including enough to make you sound authoritative.
“Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the people.”
-William Butler Yeats
This is more applicable in professional life, even though it has an influence in personal life as well. When you are in meetings or business setting, not everyone is going to have the same expertise as you. While you might think in the terms of statistics, it might mean nothing to the person who thinks in the terms of profit margin. This is where it is important to learn to put your messages in a more understandable dome. If you have ever been into public speaking, then you will know that it helps you with being tactful about what you say, how you say it, and it is received.
In personal life, you might be able to look at a situation logically being at the outside of its direct impact radius, that does not mean you can put it as it to someone who is clearly in the center of everything. This helps no one, instead, it has the power to ruin, something that could have been easily solved. Sometimes you have to use your knowledge to help you navigate a situation without quoting your knowledge.
Communication might not be your strength, but it isn’t something that can’t be developed. Read books about communicating effectively. Basically, sound confident when you speak, try being concise with your words. Think about what you need to put across and mould your words to that. The words you choose should not be based on you but on the listener. Simpler the dialect, better it is perceived – fewer chances of miscommunication and misunderstanding.
When you start reading more, listening to more than just words, and writing down your thoughts – it becomes easier to communicate. To be able to give, you should learn how to receive. Communicating is a skill that is a necessity. You need to be able to put yourself out there to be seen, to be heard, and to be understood.
25 Motivational Health Quotes to Inspire You
While health should be our priority, it sadly isn’t for most of us. Under the umbrella of working hard, everything related to not caring for ourselves becomes okay. Skipping breakfast because we are running late or not exercising because we are working becomes valid. We always think that we will start working on ourselves after we finish achieving our dream. It doesn’t work like that. Like our dreams and skills are a work in progress, so is our body and health.
For your body to continue working, it is important to work on it. If you don’t invest in your body, you won’t get the returns for long. If you don’t have health, anything else you have, loses its luster and it becomes difficult to enjoy things that you worked hard to achieve. No matter how busy you are, you need to make yourself a priority and work on yourself.
Here are some motivational quotes that show you how important your health is. These are from people that most of us look up to and people who have achieved great things. You can have everything in life, but if you don’t have good health, you have nothing.
1.“It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.”
2. “A fit, healthy body—that is the best fashion statement” -Jess C Scott
3. “To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” -Buddha
4. “Three things in life – your health, your mission, and the people you love. That’s it.” -Naval Ravikant
5. “Those who think they have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” -Edward Stanley
6. “You can’t enjoy wealth if you’re not in good health.”
7. “Keep your vitality. A life without health is like a river without water.” -Maxime Lagacé
8. “Your health is what you make of it. Everything you do and think either adds to the vitality, energy and spirit you possess or takes away from it.” -Ann Wigmore
9. “If you’re too busy to workout, your priorities need to change. I can’t think of too many things more important than your health.” -Rolsey
10. “I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.” -Joyce Meyer
11. “Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health.”
12. “It is exercise alone that supports the spirits, and keeps the mind in vigor.” -Marcus Tullius Cicero
13. “Our health is something we often take for granted. But, there are some things in life that should never be taken for granted. Take care of yourself.” -Catherine Pulsifer
14. “Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos – the trees, the clouds, everything.” -Thich Nhat Hanh
15. “Life is like a tree and its root is consciousness. Therefore, once we tend the root, the tree as a whole will be healthy.” -Deepak Chopra
16. “I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health.”
17. “Your body will be around a lot longer than that expensive handbag. Invest in yourself.” -Anonymous
18. “When a man is ill his very goodness is sickly.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
19. “There is one consolation in being sick; and that is the possibility that you may recover to a better state than you were ever in before.” -Henry David Thoreau
20. “The body loves routine. Try to eat, sleep, and so on at the same times every day in order for the body to function at its optimum efficiency. The body loves consistency.” -Theresa Hearn Haynes
21. “Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners.”
22. “When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need.” -Ayurvedic Proverb
23. “The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.” -Mark Twain
24. “Sufficient sleep, exercise, healthy food, friendship, and peace of mind are necessities, not luxuries.” -Mark Halperin
25. “Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning.” -Thomas Jefferson
21 Real-Life Quotes on Money, Saving, and Investment
Money is one of the essential things in everyone’s life, whether you agree or not. It is the driving force to a lot of decisions you make. You settle in life or live your life because of it. It is not superficial to actually be thoughtful of money, because at the end of the day if you don’t have the money, you don’t have control over your own life and the way you live.
As you grow up, it becomes important to realize that saving and investing is a huge part of managing your finances. Living from hand to mouth isn’t exactly feasible. To have money, you need to know how to invest it. While this is considered a pain by many, it is still something that you have to do.
Here are some quotes from people who can inspire you. These quotes might help you see how important it is to be mindful about your finance management.
1. “Money is multiplied in practical value depending on the number of W’s you control in your life: what you do, when you do it, where you do it, and with whom you do it.” -Timothy Ferriss
2. “Savings, remember, is the prerequisite of investment.” -Campbell McConnell
3. “Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
4. “Do not save what is left after spending; instead spend what is left after saving.” -Warren Buffett
5. “A simple fact that is hard to learn is that the time to save money is when you have some.” -Joe Moore
6. “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” -Ayn Rand
7. “Don’t tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money and I’ll tell you what they are.” -James W. Frick
8. “The habit of saving is itself an education; it fosters every virtue, teaches self-denial, cultivates the sense of order, trains to forethought, and so broadens the mind.” -T.T. Munger
9. “Many folks think they aren’t good at earning money, when what they don’t know is how to use it.” -Frank A. Clark
10. “The principles of wealth are true regarding large amounts and small amounts. It all begins with the smallest unit of currency.” -Hendrith Smith
11. “When money realizes that it is in good hands, it wants to stay and multiply in those hands.” -Idowu Koyenikan
12. “Money is always eager and ready to work for anyone who is ready to employ it.” -Idowu Koyenikan
13. “It’s nice to have a lot of money, but you know, you don’t want to keep it around forever. I prefer buying things. Otherwise, it’s a little like saving sex for your old age.” -Warren Buffett
14. “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case”. -Robert G. Allen
15. “Investing money is the process of committing resources in a strategic way to accomplish a specific objective.” -Alan Gotthardt
16. “The greater the passive income you can build, the freer you will become.” -Todd M. Fleming
17. “Those who invest the most, get the greatest success.” -Jeanette Coron
18. “Our primary objective in every mortgage transaction should be to borrow in a way that reduces debt, improves financial stability, and helps us get debt free in as short a time as possible!” -Dale Vermillion
19. “Buy when everyone else is selling and hold until everyone else is buying. That’s not just a catchy slogan. It’s the very essence of successful investing.” -J. Paul Getty
20. “Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.” -Henry David Thoreau
21. “Every time you borrow money, you’re robbing your future self.” -Nathan W. Morris
30 Inspirational Thoughts For The Day
Every person who aspires to do something amazing in life needs the inspiration to do so. Without inspiration, you are likely to falter and give up on your dreams. It’s true that inspirational thoughts should come from within ourselves, but we all feel low sometimes. And in those times you need to seek motivation from books, videos, and positive people.
We all have been in situations where we felt no inspiration to start a new business or apply for that job we always wanted. In these tough times, it’s best to seek a new perspective and information from other people who have been in the same situation that you are in and succeeded regardless.
Here are the 30 inspirational thoughts to unlock your potential and remove mental blocks to success.
1. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.“
– Maya Angelou
3. “Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.”
– Bil Keane
4. “Remember, success is a journey, not a destination. Have faith in your ability. You will do just fine.”
– Bruce Lee
5. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”
– Colin Powell
6. “The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.”
– Helen Keller
7. “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
– Jon Kabat-Zinn
8. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”
– Abraham Lincoln
9. “You alone are the judge of your worth and your goal is to discover infinite worth in yourself, no matter what anyone else thinks.”
– Deepak Chopra
10. “Leave everyone you meet better than you found them. Become an encourager of potential versus a destroyer of confidence.”
– Robin Sharma
11. “Motivation is the fuel, necessary to keep the human engine running.”
– Zig Ziglar
12. “Great opportunities are not seen with your eyes. They are seen with your mind.”
– Robert Kiyosaki
13. “The more time you spend in your discomfort zone, the more your comfort zone will expand.”
– Robin Sharma
14. “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t you will see obstacles.”
– Wayne Dyer
15. “You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
16. “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.”
– Albert Einstein
17. “Almost every successful person begins with two beliefs: the future can be better than the present, and I have the power to make it so.”
– David Brooks
18. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.”
– Marcus Aurelius
19. “Sometimes you will never know the value of something until it becomes a memory.”
– Dr. Seuss
20. “Great minds have purposes; others have wishes.”
– Washington Irving
21. “We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.”
– Jesse Owens
22. “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.”
– Jim Rohn
23. “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.”
– Tim Ferriss
24. “Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.”
– George Carlin
25. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
– George Bernard Shaw
26. “What God intended for you goes far beyond anything you can imagine.”
– Oprah Winfrey
27. “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.”
– Thomas Jefferson
28. “Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own.”
– Bruce Lee
29. “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are”
– Kurt Cobain
30. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
– Winston Churchill
Reading positive quotes every morning is a great way to fill up your mind with inspirational thoughts. They are easy to understand, quick to read and you don’t need any specific reason to read them. However, it is also important to take action and execute your ideas once you are inspired. Just having inspirational thoughts in your mind is not enough to achieve success in life.
Tips for Surviving Your Twenties
The Importance of Having a Purpose in Life
Why Do We Need Measurable Goals?
Why Starting an Online Business is a Good Idea in Current Times
3 Simple Tips to Getting Over Jet Lag as Quickly as Possible
How to Break Free From Your Boring Life to Live Your Passion
How Making Decisions Using the 10/10/10 Method Can Change Your Life
Qualities of Humorous People that Give Huge Benefits in Life
Practicing Shinrin-Yoku (Forest Therapy) to Become More Healthy and Productive
5 Tips to Help You Stick to Your Goals And Double Your Success Rate
Productivity6 months ago
7 Ways To Increase Productivity At Work
Quotes6 months ago
27 of the Most Powerful Quotes of All Time
Productivity6 months ago
Things 3 Review – A To-Do App That Works
Entrepreneurs5 months ago
1Password Review – The Best Password Manager Out There
Productivity6 months ago
You Don’t Need To Be Busy To Be Productive
Goals6 months ago
How Setting Realistic Goals Can Actually Help You Achieve Them
Entrepreneurs6 months ago
9 Warren Buffett Quotes for Start-Ups to Live By
Goals1 month ago
The Ultimate Guide to Goal Setting