Perfection is something that we often chase. We forget that being the best versions of ourselves is what matters, rather than being perfect. If you cannot be there for yourself and others in the time of need, then perfection means nothing.
I love looking at quotes and sayings. It is a great way to gather wisdom in just a few words. It also is a piece of people’s experiences. One thing that I have noticed in most quotes and sayings about being perfect is that “I am not perfect” is often followed by how people are the best otherwise.
Like they might not be perfect, but they still care a lot about people. They might not be perfect and might make mistakes, but they reach where they have to be. People care, people love, people learn, and people grow; you don’t have to be perfect to achieve these things. Here are some quotes that show you how being perfect has not been everything for many people.
- “I’m not perfect, but if there are any points given for caring about people with every fiber of your being and giving life all you’ve got every day, then I suppose I have a shot.” – Jack Welch
- “I make mistakes every day. I’m not perfect in my behavior, but I want to be, and that’s what God is after, a heart that wants to be.” – Joyce Meyer
- “I will make mistakes, after all, I am not perfect, but I will do my best to make them up to you. I would never hurt you intentionally. I would not give up on you, so I hope you don’t give up on me. Sincerely, The Person that Loves You.” – Carlos Salinas
- “I’m not perfect; no one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. I think you try to learn from those mistakes.” – Derek Jeter
- “People are not perfect… very often the relationships that are strongest are those where people have worked through big crises, but they’ve had to work through them. So the challenge to us is to work through that.” – Patricia Hewitt
Perfection looks different for everyone. We are all unique, and we have our own perspectives. Like different tastes in things, our idea of perfection differs too. Something that seems perfect to you might not be for someone else and vice versa. Learn to realize that it is okay to not fit into the idea of someone else’s “perfect.”
I talked about “why should you stop being hard on yourself” in my last post. I talked about how it was okay to be ourselves, to put ourselves first, to make mistakes, to have a bad day, and to not be perfect. When we try to be perfect, we often tend to lose out on things and experiences. We get so wound up in achieving something that might as well be unachievable, and forget to live.
“When renewing our hearts, we must be gentle with ourselves; after all, no one is perfect. At the same time, to really make positive changes, we must be honest, so we can avoid repeating mistakes.” – Ellen Miller
Chasing perfection is a futile attempt. We often chase perfection so that we can stand tall in front of society. The opinions of other people affect a lot of people, and that is usually the driving force. We want to prove ourselves to others – it can be someone who said we couldn’t do this, or it can be someone we want to be proud of ourselves. What we don’t realize is that everyone is struggling to do their bit. Everyone is under the pressure of being perfect, the irony being, none of us are.
Yes, you do not have to be perfect, but that doesn’t mean you have to stop giving your best. Always striving for the best is what keeps us on the path to perfection. Perfection is a mindset rather than an actual milestone. Strive for it, and you will always work hard to achieve it, meaning you will keep bettering your skills. Have it as an end goal, and you will miss out on all the learning.
Here are a few advantages of not chasing perfection, I have talked about them at length, but let’s take a quick look:
- You Feel More Happiness and Gratitude
When you stop chasing perfection, you give yourself a chance to feel happy about yourself, your work, and your efforts. Gratitude is a feeling that helps you stay humble. When you are humble, you are pleasant to work around, and you don’t let your pride or ego ruin your hard work.
- You Get an Optimistic Outlook on Life
When you let go of the notion of perfection, you allow yourself to relax and be proud of your achievements. This action triggers positive emotions within you, helping you become optimistic toward the next stage of your life.
- You Start Feeling More Confident
Giving up on the notion of ‘perfection’ lets you develop confidence in yourself and your work. So, after a little wait, when you do go for betterment, you will know that you can do it, and that will help you move faster toward your goal.
- You Strive to Achieve More
When you are content enough with your current accomplishment is when you can look at it objectively to understand how to be better.
- You Feel Content
When you let go of that perfection ideology, you free yourself from your own expectations, tying you down. You start feeling content with your life and with the pace you are going.
Actions matter more than the need to be perfect. You can think about being perfect and achieve nothing. You can work on your “imperfect,” and you will be closer to achieving perfection. We often don’t venture out of our comfort zones because we fear failure. Our fear of failure and fear of not being perfect stops us from trying new things.
“Probably the biggest thing you can do for yourself when you are trying to learn a new skill is to give yourself permission to be imperfect. You are going to make mistakes when you first start, and you may find that you goof up in embarrassing times, but that is no reason to not see it through.” – Adrienne Stevens
You can stay holed up with the fear of failure, but remember, when you do not do anything, it is a failure anyway. When you try, you have a chance of success. What’s the worst that could happen? You failing is not the worse, it means you tried something, and it didn’t work. Now you can eliminate that process and work on something that can and will work.
“Wanting to always be perfect and procrastinating on tasks you see as challenging for fear of failure to achieve perfect results is a recipe for physical and emotional problems.” – Brian Karr
Our lives aren’t perfect, but we all have the chance to make the best out of it. Life is full of opportunities, and we need to learn to embrace each new thing that crosses our path. Our mindset is what makes a day good or bad, to begin with. We can choose for it to be a good day and eventually a good life, or we can choose to dwell on our imperfections and forget to live.
Instead of chasing perfection, remember to strive for improvement and excellence. When you focus on becoming better than you were yesterday, you automatically open doors for yourself. You surround yourself with positivity – inside and out – making it a much-needed fuel to keep working toward your goal.
If you date back the quotes and all the sayings over time, you will realize that perfection isn’t what makes something worth learning and worth doing. People who have learned heaps and have tons of experience often tell you that it is okay to not be perfect, but you have to always give your best.
Life is about striking the perfect balance between the things we do and want to do, because nothing is perfect, and there is no point crying over it. As long as you focus on the best version of yourself or the best that you can do, you can be your own definition of perfect.
9 Quotes From the World of Poker
The world of poker might be more about actions rather than words – but that doesn’t mean there have not been some notable quips and quotes throughout the annals of the game. Let’s relieve some of the best ones.
“The Object Of Poker Is To Keep Your Money Away From Phil Ivey For As Long As Possible.” – Gus Hansen.
This one from Danish poker pro Gus Hansen is a nod to his fellow player, Phil Ivey, acknowledging just how good the American is at poker. After all, he’s called the Tiger Woods of poker for his long-standing dominance over the sport! There are multiple instances where the two have played at high-stakes tables, which makes for unmissable action for poker fans.
“Poker Is 100% Skill And 50% Luck.” – Phil Hellmuth.
With 17 WSOP bracelets to his name, Phil Hellmuth knows a thing or two about what it takes to succeed at poker. This infamous quote basically describes that no matter how much luck a player has at the table, they need to understand how to use their cards and play the opponents, i.e., the skill. Furthering the argument that poker players can win with any hand, they just need to execute it properly.
“Going On Tilt Is Not ‘mixing Up Your Play.’” – Steve Badger
Steve Badger was one of the original poker stars before the online boom. He was a professional long before having won multiple tournaments in the 1990s; he also owned one of the most popular poker sites before selling it to a bigger brand.
His words about tilt are a warning to players who think they can deal with tilt easily.
“Look Around The Table. If You Don’t See A Sucker, Get Up Because You’re The Sucker.” – Amarillo Slim.
For many, Amarillo Slim is the exact image of an American poker player, complete with a cowboy hat and a Texas residence. His words tell players to ensure that they study the participants at a table before parting with a serious amount of money. Obviously, this is harder to do if you’re playing on one of our favorite 10 poker sites you’ll find on the web, but if you’re taking part in a physical game, then it’s a huge part of the gameplay.
“It’s Weird Being Considered An Expert At Something That Confuses Me Every Single Day,” Said Erik Seidel.
Despite winning countless poker events and inordinate amounts of money from the game, Erik Seidel believes that the game can present him with new and confusing situations every time he sits down to play it. His famous quote here is a nod to the game itself as he recognizes his own stature within the game but is humble enough to say he’s still trying to develop as a player.
“Poker Is War. People Pretend It Is A Game.” – Doyle Brunson.
Affectionately known as the godfather of poker, Doyle Brunson’s passing in 2023 was collectively mourned by the poker community.
While he’s gone, his words and legacy remain. Given his stature and tenure at the elite level of poker, he had many great quotes, but no more poignant than this one, ensuring that everyone realizes just how serious poker is, comparing it to military conflict.
“Fold And Live To Fold Again.” – Stu Ungar.
The Comeback Kid, Stu Ungar, had a colorful life with success across both poker and blackjack while also having to fight personal battles like a particularly uncomfortable divorce and drug addictions. Despite this, Ungar still managed to find words that can resonate with anyone who needs motivation to keep going. This quote basically says that one problem isn’t the totality of your life and that you need to keep going and continually tackle strife. Wise words for the poker table and beyond.
“I Prefer Being Able To See My Opponent. It Is Just Different For Me; I Didn’t Grow Up With The Internet Age, Really.” – Daniel Negreanu.
One of the most successful poker players today is the Canadian Daniel Negreanu. The man has collected a wealth of chips and has since moved to the US. While he does play online events, he’s quick to say he much prefers to play at live casinos.
“A Gambler Never Makes The Same Mistake Twice. It’s Usually Three Or More Times.” – Terrence Murphy.
Terrence Murphy might not be the most well-known poker player in the world, but his words deserve a lot of credit. Saying that poker players and gamblers have to go through rigorous routes to succeed, often retracing prior actions.
25 Student Quotes to Boost Your Thirst for Knowledge
Even with your positive outlook of earning income from talents such as sports and music, you can never disregard the role of education in every aspect of life. For example, an athlete requires the services of an exercise physiologist, counsel, and manager with in-depth knowledge and experience in their respective fields.
As such, students in US colleges and abroad should keep their tempo high even if they encounter external and internal distractions. Whereas there are many approaches you can use to remain rejuvenated in preparing for exams and completing assignments, you might want to take advantage of the following inspirational and educational quotes from successful academicians, politicians, and philosophies to shape your thinking.
Quotes Centered on Education
1. “Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence,” by Robert Frost. Rather than gain the academic qualifications required to succeed in the corporate world and entrepreneurship, attending college helps you to become an all-round person.
2. “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet,” by Aristotle. When you deliberate on this quote, you won’t need to feel sad to burn the midnight oil.
3. “Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom,” by George Washington Carver. While you might think that this quote equates attaining academic qualifications to getting a source of income, the “golden door of freedom” means all associated advantages. For example, through college admission, you can live in the city of your dreams or get a partner!
4. “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one,” by Malcolm Forbes. This quote advocates for hard work in school despite your socioeconomic status in society.
5. “The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education,” by Albert Einstein. Although this quote held a lot of weight before the advent of online writing companies, it might not be the case in the current society.
Today, you don’t need to hire an in-person tutor during summer break to polish your knowledge in a subject that you might be struggling to understand, as the Internet gives you a choice to buy custom essay.
6. “To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society,” by Theodore Roosevelt. This quote reminds you that a good GPA might not reflect you as a “learned person.”
7. “He who opens a school door, closes a prison,” by Victor Hugo. When you seek education, you’ll have solved many of your problems even if you don’t get your “dream” job.
8. “Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is,” by Issac Asimov. This quote necessitates you to come up with a technique for studying.
9. “The foundation of every state is the education of its youth,” by Diogenes. You don’t need to interpret this quote in terms of a country. It’s only a polite reminder to take your education seriously when you can.
10. “There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning,” by Jiddu Krishnamurti. When you keep this quote in your mind, you won’t have to wait for exams to focus on studying. You’ll treasure every single moment in school to learn something, even if it’s beyond books.
11. “Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life because you become what you believe,” by Oprah Winfrey. This quote emphasizes not only creating achievable academic goals but also challenging yourself to greater heights in education.
12. “We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope,” by Martin Luther King. If you’ve tried many times to achieve a certain academic goal without success, you shouldn’t give up. However, you can try adjusting your plan.
13. “If you’re neutral in a situation of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor,” by Desmond Tutu. In the context of education, this quote discourages students from settling with average scores or GPAs. In other words, you should always strive for academic excellence.
14. “You don’t have to choose between doing good and doing well,” by Tim Cook. If you internalize this quote, you’ll appreciate the significance of focusing on your strengths rather than weaknesses. For example, when you’re good in sciences, especially mathematics and physics, you can choose to study engineering rather than law.
15. “You have to be odd to be No. 1,” by Dr. Seuss. You can’t be doing the same things as your peers or classmates and expect to top the class.
Quotes for Inspiration
16. “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance,” by Confucius.
17. “Without knowledge action is useless and knowledge without action is futile,” by Abu Bakr.
18. “Knowledge of the past and of the places of the earth is the ornament and food of the mind of man,” by Leonardo da Vinci.
19. “There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there,” by Albert Einstein.
18. “Knowledge is love and light and vision,” by Helen Keller.
19. “Knowledge is knowing that we cannot know,” by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
20. “Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know myself, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms,” by Kahlil Gibran.
21. “Those who have knowledge don’t predict. Those who predict don’t have knowledge,” by Lao Tzu.
22. “Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also,” by Carl Jung.
23. “Doubt grows with knowledge,” by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
24. “Today, knowledge has power. It controls access to opportunity and advancement,” by Peter Drucker.
25. “The true method of knowledge is experiment,” by William Blake.
Considering John Donne’s quote, “No man is an island of knowledge,” your interpretation of these quotes might vary. However, you’ll find each quote’s “outer” and “inner” meanings inspiring towards your quest to learn.
21 Quotes About Chasing Perfection And Striving For It
Welcome to the journey of chasing perfection! Perfection can mean many things for many different people, and striving to achieve it is a noble pursuit. Here, we’ve compiled 21 inspiring quotes from some of the world’s greatest thinkers — from entrepreneurs, to athletes, writers, and more — all on the theme of perfection and striving for it. Whether you’re trying to nail a presentation or just aiming for greatness in all that you do, these quotes will help you stay
“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Creating Inspired Items to Follow Perfection
Although perfection can sometimes feel like an unattainable goal, it’s important to strive for it anyway. Constant improvements in our lives and workspace should be something we strive for, without letting the pressure of perfection take away our joy of creating. You can continue to create inspired items that have substance and meaning, while also taking steps towards achieving excellence.
When chasing perfection, it can help to keep these quotes in mind in order to stay motivated and inspired:
– “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” – Vince Lombardi
– “The only way to get closer to perfect is by pushing further from your comfort zone.” – Anthony Robbins
– “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
– “If you want something perfect, you must accept imperfection on your way there.” – Unknown
– “A man should never strive for total perfection because he would become totally unlovable.” – Graham Greene
– “Be patient with yourself. Perfection doesn’t come overnight.” – Unknown
– “Nothing is perfect, yet striving for perfection gives us the best chance of achieving greatness.” – Sean Covey
– “Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you.” – Tony Hsieh
– “Fearlessness means breaking out of your comfort zone and forgetting about needing security or needing approval in order to do what’s right.” – Paulo Coelho
21 Quotes About Chasing Perfection and Striving for It
No one is impervious to life’s obstacles. We all experience setbacks, misfortunes, and path detours now and then. The key to overcoming our challenges lies in the power of motivation.
Staying focused and motivated often requires that we stay dedicated to reaching for perfection — honing our skills and abilities — until finally, we realize our goals.
Pursuing the perfect version of yourself is a journey without a destination — take each day as it comes and know that each effort is helping to bring about the best version of you!
Paulo Coelho said it best when he wrote: “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure”. So rather than being stymied by doubts and insecurity, chasing perfection can help us approach our highest aspirations by allowing us to get closer to them with each step we take.
These 21 quotes about chasing perfection can help inspire and motivate you in your own journey towards excellence!
No matter where you are in life, striving for perfection can lead to a sense of fulfillment and accomplishment. While it may be impossible to reach absolute perfection, setting goals and taking consistent steps towards your vision can help move you one step closer.
We hope these 21 quotes about chasing perfection and striving for it have inspired you to move forward. Keep these words close to your heart and use them as motivation on days when you feel stuck or unmotivated. Pursuing the perfect version of yourself is a journey without a destination — take each day as it comes and know that each effort is helping to bring about the best version of you!
Guide to Watching Today’s Live Friendly Soccer Matches: Partidos Amistosos de Hoy en Vivo
Choosing a Reliable Mail Forwarding Service in South Dakota
Crystal Palace F.C. vs Leicester City Lineups: Key Players to Watch
Wellness at Work: The Connection between Office Chairs and Employee Health
Will The Next Bitcoin Halving Trigger a Bull Run?
The Easy Way To Check Balance On Chick Fil A Gift Card
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: A game changer For athletes
Types of Sports Bets: All You Need to Know
Unlocking The Benefits of Obtaining an Operators Licence
What You Should Know About Legal Moneylenders
Quotes1 year ago
30 Inspirational Thoughts For The Day
Self Improvement11 months ago
7 Tips To Recreate Your Life In 3 Months And Change Your Destiny
Motivation10 months ago
5 Excellent Ways To Stay Focused On Your Dreams
Quotes10 months ago
21 Quotes About Chasing Perfection And Striving For It
Health9 months ago
4 CBD Products Your Dog Deserves To Have
Personal Finance8 months ago
How Do I Find My UCAS ID Number?
Entrepreneurs9 months ago
1Password Evaluation – The Highest Ranked Password Manager Out There
Entrepreneurs1 year ago
51 Lucrative Ways to Make Money From Home