Stephen Covey is the author of the best selling book “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.” Like his books that have inspired many people, his quotes continue to inspire many more. I have noticed myself going back to his quotes again and again.
The wisdom he imparted continues to help and will continue to do so in the future. Here are some of his quotes that I am sure will inspire you to take charge of your life.
Life and Habits
Our life is the byproduct of the habits we inculcate. This is why people stress on creating good habits and getting rid of your bad habits. Identifying the habits that are causing harm to you is the first step in getting rid of them.
“Our ultimate freedom is the right and power anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us.”
“Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.” -Stephen Covey
“Every human has four endowments – self-awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom. The power to choose, to respond, to change.” -Stephen Covey
“Our character is basically a composite of our habits because they are consistent. Often unconscious patterns, they constantly, daily, express our character.” -Stephen Covey
“Courage is not the absence of fear but the awareness that something else is more important.” -Stephen Covey
“Habit is the intersection of knowledge (what to do), skill (how to do), and desire (want to do).” -Stephen Covey
Our goals are what give our lives purpose. We spend a good part of our lives trying to achieve goals. Goals are as important for survival as our basic necessities are. We might not realize it but our goals are what keeps driving us forward in our lives.
Having goals isn’t enough, you need to find ways to achieve them and doing so needs a lot more than the decision to have them. They are like children – everyone can have them but nurturing them is what makes it all worthwhile.
“To achieve goals you’ve never achieved before you need to start doing things you’ve never done before.”
“If we keep doing what we’re doing, we’re going to keep getting what we’re getting.” -Stephen Covey
“Make time for planning; Wars are won in the general’s tent.” -Stephen Covey
“Stop setting goals. Goals are pure fantasy unless you have a specific plan to achieve them.” -Stephen Covey
We often have a lot of things that we would like to do – some short term and some part of our long term goals. There are only so many hours in the day. Knowing how to dedicate those hours to goals that actually matter is very important to achieve success.
Everyone has the same hours given to them in a day and how we spend those hours defines what we are going to achieve. You see many people working non-stop yet some of them succeed while others don’t.
“Once you have a clear picture of your priorities that is values, goals, and high leverage activities, organize your life around them.”
“Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.” -Stephen Covey
“The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule but to schedule your priorities.” -Stephen Covey
“You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage – pleasantly, smiling, nonapoloegetically – to say ‘no’ to other things. And the way to do that is by having a bigger ‘yes’ burning inside.” -Stephen Covey
Living life on integrity is important to lead a life with no regrets. It is the practice of being honest, being honest leaves no chance for guilt to seep in. Having strong moral and ethical principles and values and showing a consistent and uncompromising adherence to them is what makes the society – we live in – what it is!
“To the degree people recognize and live in harmony with such basic principles as fairness, equity, justice, integrity, honesty, and trust, they move toward either survival and stability on the one hand or disintegration and destruction on the other.”
“When you make a commitment to yourself, do so with the clear understanding that you’re pledging your integrity.” -Stephen Covey
“Moral authority comes from following universal and timeless principles like honesty, integrity, treating people with respect.” -Stephen Covey
“We judge ourselves by our intentions. And others by their actions.” -Stephen Covey
“Your commitment to achieving what matters most will become the foundation for tremendous accomplishments and contributions. You will become the change you seek to make.” -Stephen Covey
Though there are many qualities that contribute to a person’s success, one thing that stands out is that successful people are always hungry for new and deeper knowledge. And to this end, they will always make time to learn, whether it is a new skill, discovery, ideology, or anything that satiates their never-ending curiosity.
“Listen with the intent to understand, not the intent to reply.”
“The proactive approach to a mistake is to acknowledge it instantly, correct and learn from it.” -Stephen Covey
“We develop our character muscles by overcoming challenges and obstacles.” -Stephen Covey
“Don’t argue for other people’s weaknesses. Don’t argue for your own. When you make a mistake, admit it, correct it, and learn from it- immediately.” -Stephen Covey
“Unless you’re continually improving your skills, you’re quickly becoming irrelevant.” -Stephen Covey
Synergy and Relationships
How we deal with people – in personal as well as profession capacity – sets the tone for our relationships with them. Not caring about other people isn’t exactly the way to lead a well-rounded life. Personal life is as important as professional life. In our hunger for success, we often seem to forget that.
“Synergy is not only the answer to human conflict; it is also the principle that underlies the creation of every truly new thing in the world.”
“In relationships, the little things are the big things” -Stephen Covey
“Synergy is what happens when one plus one equals ten or a hundred or even a thousand! It’s the mighty result when two or more respectful human beings determine together to go beyond their preconceived ideas to meet a great challenge.” -Stephen Covey
“If you put good people in bad systems you get bad results. You have to water the flowers you want to grow.” -Stephen Covey
“Synergy is the very essence of the family. Every family member contributes a different flavor to the mix.” -Stephen Covey
“You and I together are far greater than we are alone.” -Stephen Covey
Our attitude toward different aspects of our lives is a clear representation of what holds the most importance to us. Our way of thinking dictates how we go about something. Having a good attitude is half the battle won as far as going far in something is considered.
“What you do has far greater impact than what you say.”
“We GET results based on what we DO, and what we DO depends on how we SEE the world around us.” -Stephen Covey
“A disciplined person follows values stemming from their source — the self.” -Stephen Covey
“Seek to understand before you seek to be understood.” -Stephen Covey
“To think we’re in control is an illusion. It puts us in the position of trying to manage consequences.” -Stephen Covey
When stuck in life, going back to quotes that have earlier stuck a cord with you is a good idea. I hope Stephen Covey’s words move you as much as they did me.
9 Quotes From the World of Poker
The world of poker might be more about actions rather than words – but that doesn’t mean there have not been some notable quips and quotes throughout the annals of the game. Let’s relieve some of the best ones.
“The Object Of Poker Is To Keep Your Money Away From Phil Ivey For As Long As Possible.” – Gus Hansen.
This one from Danish poker pro Gus Hansen is a nod to his fellow player, Phil Ivey, acknowledging just how good the American is at poker. After all, he’s called the Tiger Woods of poker for his long-standing dominance over the sport! There are multiple instances where the two have played at high-stakes tables, which makes for unmissable action for poker fans.
“Poker Is 100% Skill And 50% Luck.” – Phil Hellmuth.
With 17 WSOP bracelets to his name, Phil Hellmuth knows a thing or two about what it takes to succeed at poker. This infamous quote basically describes that no matter how much luck a player has at the table, they need to understand how to use their cards and play the opponents, i.e., the skill. Furthering the argument that poker players can win with any hand, they just need to execute it properly.
“Going On Tilt Is Not ‘mixing Up Your Play.’” – Steve Badger
Steve Badger was one of the original poker stars before the online boom. He was a professional long before having won multiple tournaments in the 1990s; he also owned one of the most popular poker sites before selling it to a bigger brand.
His words about tilt are a warning to players who think they can deal with tilt easily.
“Look Around The Table. If You Don’t See A Sucker, Get Up Because You’re The Sucker.” – Amarillo Slim.
For many, Amarillo Slim is the exact image of an American poker player, complete with a cowboy hat and a Texas residence. His words tell players to ensure that they study the participants at a table before parting with a serious amount of money. Obviously, this is harder to do if you’re playing on one of our favorite 10 poker sites you’ll find on the web, but if you’re taking part in a physical game, then it’s a huge part of the gameplay.
“It’s Weird Being Considered An Expert At Something That Confuses Me Every Single Day,” Said Erik Seidel.
Despite winning countless poker events and inordinate amounts of money from the game, Erik Seidel believes that the game can present him with new and confusing situations every time he sits down to play it. His famous quote here is a nod to the game itself as he recognizes his own stature within the game but is humble enough to say he’s still trying to develop as a player.
“Poker Is War. People Pretend It Is A Game.” – Doyle Brunson.
Affectionately known as the godfather of poker, Doyle Brunson’s passing in 2023 was collectively mourned by the poker community.
While he’s gone, his words and legacy remain. Given his stature and tenure at the elite level of poker, he had many great quotes, but no more poignant than this one, ensuring that everyone realizes just how serious poker is, comparing it to military conflict.
“Fold And Live To Fold Again.” – Stu Ungar.
The Comeback Kid, Stu Ungar, had a colorful life with success across both poker and blackjack while also having to fight personal battles like a particularly uncomfortable divorce and drug addictions. Despite this, Ungar still managed to find words that can resonate with anyone who needs motivation to keep going. This quote basically says that one problem isn’t the totality of your life and that you need to keep going and continually tackle strife. Wise words for the poker table and beyond.
“I Prefer Being Able To See My Opponent. It Is Just Different For Me; I Didn’t Grow Up With The Internet Age, Really.” – Daniel Negreanu.
One of the most successful poker players today is the Canadian Daniel Negreanu. The man has collected a wealth of chips and has since moved to the US. While he does play online events, he’s quick to say he much prefers to play at live casinos.
“A Gambler Never Makes The Same Mistake Twice. It’s Usually Three Or More Times.” – Terrence Murphy.
Terrence Murphy might not be the most well-known poker player in the world, but his words deserve a lot of credit. Saying that poker players and gamblers have to go through rigorous routes to succeed, often retracing prior actions.
25 Student Quotes to Boost Your Thirst for Knowledge
Even with your positive outlook of earning income from talents such as sports and music, you can never disregard the role of education in every aspect of life. For example, an athlete requires the services of an exercise physiologist, counsel, and manager with in-depth knowledge and experience in their respective fields.
As such, students in US colleges and abroad should keep their tempo high even if they encounter external and internal distractions. Whereas there are many approaches you can use to remain rejuvenated in preparing for exams and completing assignments, you might want to take advantage of the following inspirational and educational quotes from successful academicians, politicians, and philosophies to shape your thinking.
Quotes Centered on Education
1. “Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence,” by Robert Frost. Rather than gain the academic qualifications required to succeed in the corporate world and entrepreneurship, attending college helps you to become an all-round person.
2. “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet,” by Aristotle. When you deliberate on this quote, you won’t need to feel sad to burn the midnight oil.
3. “Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom,” by George Washington Carver. While you might think that this quote equates attaining academic qualifications to getting a source of income, the “golden door of freedom” means all associated advantages. For example, through college admission, you can live in the city of your dreams or get a partner!
4. “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one,” by Malcolm Forbes. This quote advocates for hard work in school despite your socioeconomic status in society.
5. “The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education,” by Albert Einstein. Although this quote held a lot of weight before the advent of online writing companies, it might not be the case in the current society.
Today, you don’t need to hire an in-person tutor during summer break to polish your knowledge in a subject that you might be struggling to understand, as the Internet gives you a choice to buy custom essay.
6. “To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society,” by Theodore Roosevelt. This quote reminds you that a good GPA might not reflect you as a “learned person.”
7. “He who opens a school door, closes a prison,” by Victor Hugo. When you seek education, you’ll have solved many of your problems even if you don’t get your “dream” job.
8. “Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is,” by Issac Asimov. This quote necessitates you to come up with a technique for studying.
9. “The foundation of every state is the education of its youth,” by Diogenes. You don’t need to interpret this quote in terms of a country. It’s only a polite reminder to take your education seriously when you can.
10. “There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning,” by Jiddu Krishnamurti. When you keep this quote in your mind, you won’t have to wait for exams to focus on studying. You’ll treasure every single moment in school to learn something, even if it’s beyond books.
11. “Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life because you become what you believe,” by Oprah Winfrey. This quote emphasizes not only creating achievable academic goals but also challenging yourself to greater heights in education.
12. “We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope,” by Martin Luther King. If you’ve tried many times to achieve a certain academic goal without success, you shouldn’t give up. However, you can try adjusting your plan.
13. “If you’re neutral in a situation of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor,” by Desmond Tutu. In the context of education, this quote discourages students from settling with average scores or GPAs. In other words, you should always strive for academic excellence.
14. “You don’t have to choose between doing good and doing well,” by Tim Cook. If you internalize this quote, you’ll appreciate the significance of focusing on your strengths rather than weaknesses. For example, when you’re good in sciences, especially mathematics and physics, you can choose to study engineering rather than law.
15. “You have to be odd to be No. 1,” by Dr. Seuss. You can’t be doing the same things as your peers or classmates and expect to top the class.
Quotes for Inspiration
16. “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance,” by Confucius.
17. “Without knowledge action is useless and knowledge without action is futile,” by Abu Bakr.
18. “Knowledge of the past and of the places of the earth is the ornament and food of the mind of man,” by Leonardo da Vinci.
19. “There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there,” by Albert Einstein.
18. “Knowledge is love and light and vision,” by Helen Keller.
19. “Knowledge is knowing that we cannot know,” by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
20. “Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know myself, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms,” by Kahlil Gibran.
21. “Those who have knowledge don’t predict. Those who predict don’t have knowledge,” by Lao Tzu.
22. “Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also,” by Carl Jung.
23. “Doubt grows with knowledge,” by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
24. “Today, knowledge has power. It controls access to opportunity and advancement,” by Peter Drucker.
25. “The true method of knowledge is experiment,” by William Blake.
Considering John Donne’s quote, “No man is an island of knowledge,” your interpretation of these quotes might vary. However, you’ll find each quote’s “outer” and “inner” meanings inspiring towards your quest to learn.
21 Quotes About Chasing Perfection And Striving For It
Welcome to the journey of chasing perfection! Perfection can mean many things for many different people, and striving to achieve it is a noble pursuit. Here, we’ve compiled 21 inspiring quotes from some of the world’s greatest thinkers — from entrepreneurs, to athletes, writers, and more — all on the theme of perfection and striving for it. Whether you’re trying to nail a presentation or just aiming for greatness in all that you do, these quotes will help you stay
“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Creating Inspired Items to Follow Perfection
Although perfection can sometimes feel like an unattainable goal, it’s important to strive for it anyway. Constant improvements in our lives and workspace should be something we strive for, without letting the pressure of perfection take away our joy of creating. You can continue to create inspired items that have substance and meaning, while also taking steps towards achieving excellence.
When chasing perfection, it can help to keep these quotes in mind in order to stay motivated and inspired:
– “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” – Vince Lombardi
– “The only way to get closer to perfect is by pushing further from your comfort zone.” – Anthony Robbins
– “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
– “If you want something perfect, you must accept imperfection on your way there.” – Unknown
– “A man should never strive for total perfection because he would become totally unlovable.” – Graham Greene
– “Be patient with yourself. Perfection doesn’t come overnight.” – Unknown
– “Nothing is perfect, yet striving for perfection gives us the best chance of achieving greatness.” – Sean Covey
– “Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you.” – Tony Hsieh
– “Fearlessness means breaking out of your comfort zone and forgetting about needing security or needing approval in order to do what’s right.” – Paulo Coelho
21 Quotes About Chasing Perfection and Striving for It
No one is impervious to life’s obstacles. We all experience setbacks, misfortunes, and path detours now and then. The key to overcoming our challenges lies in the power of motivation.
Staying focused and motivated often requires that we stay dedicated to reaching for perfection — honing our skills and abilities — until finally, we realize our goals.
Pursuing the perfect version of yourself is a journey without a destination — take each day as it comes and know that each effort is helping to bring about the best version of you!
Paulo Coelho said it best when he wrote: “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure”. So rather than being stymied by doubts and insecurity, chasing perfection can help us approach our highest aspirations by allowing us to get closer to them with each step we take.
These 21 quotes about chasing perfection can help inspire and motivate you in your own journey towards excellence!
No matter where you are in life, striving for perfection can lead to a sense of fulfillment and accomplishment. While it may be impossible to reach absolute perfection, setting goals and taking consistent steps towards your vision can help move you one step closer.
We hope these 21 quotes about chasing perfection and striving for it have inspired you to move forward. Keep these words close to your heart and use them as motivation on days when you feel stuck or unmotivated. Pursuing the perfect version of yourself is a journey without a destination — take each day as it comes and know that each effort is helping to bring about the best version of you!
Guide to Watching Today’s Live Friendly Soccer Matches: Partidos Amistosos de Hoy en Vivo
Choosing a Reliable Mail Forwarding Service in South Dakota
Crystal Palace F.C. vs Leicester City Lineups: Key Players to Watch
Wellness at Work: The Connection between Office Chairs and Employee Health
Will The Next Bitcoin Halving Trigger a Bull Run?
The Easy Way To Check Balance On Chick Fil A Gift Card
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: A game changer For athletes
Types of Sports Bets: All You Need to Know
Unlocking The Benefits of Obtaining an Operators Licence
What You Should Know About Legal Moneylenders
Quotes1 year ago
30 Inspirational Thoughts For The Day
Self Improvement11 months ago
7 Tips To Recreate Your Life In 3 Months And Change Your Destiny
Motivation10 months ago
5 Excellent Ways To Stay Focused On Your Dreams
Quotes10 months ago
21 Quotes About Chasing Perfection And Striving For It
Health9 months ago
4 CBD Products Your Dog Deserves To Have
Personal Finance8 months ago
How Do I Find My UCAS ID Number?
Entrepreneurs9 months ago
1Password Evaluation – The Highest Ranked Password Manager Out There
Entrepreneurs1 year ago
51 Lucrative Ways to Make Money From Home